Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dear Neighboring Tenant

FedEx screwed up this morning and delivered an envelope that was meant for you to our offices. Being the kind soul that I am, I took it upon myself to go to your floor and deliver this misdelivered item to its intended recipient. I thought, perhaps, that since it was sent priority overnight that may have been of some importance, and therefore would ensure a prompt delivery, rather than wait for tomorrow for the FedEx person to arrive again to hand it off.

Do not reward my kindness by telling me to "wait here" and then disappear into the bowels of your company. I don't work for you, or your company, and my time is not for you to waste. So I'm sure you'll understand that I ignored your order and placed the envelope on the countertop. If this isn't to your procedure, you can fire me. Oh, wait. I don't work for you. Okay, maybe you can make a comment in my performance review? Oh, wait. I. Don't. Work. For. You.

No love,

Me.

2 comments:

  1. Kinda mild for you, kiddo! I'd give it a "six". *walks away whistling*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling kind. Also, I don't work with this person, so it's not like I have to deal with her particular brand of stupid on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete